10.21.2010

What I love about fall.

There are a few things in life that really make me happy. One of them is Fall, when it decides to actually be Fall that is. Seattle doesn't always give us the million colors of red and orange nor the crisp weather that begs us to put on our warm sweaters, wool jackets and riding boots. I want warm knit blankets and sweaters, drink tea in the evening and coffee in the morning, warm pillows, crisp morning fog, and an excuse to preserve food. This year so far it has actually giving us our Fall.

I love how Autumn's arrival automatically warrants dragging in our wooden furniture and pulling out the crocheted blankets that your grandmother made for you out of all her left-over yarn, while curling up in a cozy corner somewhere to do nothing.

One of the things I'm obsessing over right now is chairs. This is mostly to do with the probability that I could really use a chair in my main living area for reading and all-around book laziness.

The Ellery Chair from West Elm. Couldn't you just see yourself snuggled into it while your legs drape over a fabulously cozy footstool? (yes that ball-o-yarn is a footstool)




This gorgeous thing of beauty from Restoration Hardware. The Versailles Domed Burlap-Backed chair. Starting around $1800 and going up from there in price, this lovely isn't cheap. And while we are on the topic of chairs, I heart this mid-century modern version. The color is divine!


And off topic but just as awesome ...

Just in time for Halloween, this Beaver Skull from Porcelain Skulls is just lovely. And speaking of skulls ... the Yorick votives from Z Gallerie. Although I'd be more than wiling to keep these around most of the year.


This Doily rug from Ladies and Gentlemen on Etsy. Isn't it just to die for? That paired with an Eames molded plastic chair...yummy!


Did I mention that pretty much anything coming out of Roman and Williams is pure delightful awesomeness? Go to their blog and try to avoid having your mouth drop open. Really I dare you.

Specifically I'm in love with the 4th Street loft.