11.20.2010

Gift Guide for the Urban Gardner

I know its crazy, but its this time of year where I start to think about gardening. Specifically I start thinking about what I plan on growing next year.

Tubtrugs look pretty awesome as an multi-purpose bin for gardening, laundry, etc. These would be perfect for dumping soil and maybe even toting the occasional laundry load.

The other thing I've thought about for quite awhile, since I saw a post on Design*Sponge back in April, are seed banks. Baker Creek Heirloom seeds is housed in an old bank and sells over 1200 varieties of seeds, many of them heirloom in variety. With such success of my heirloom tomatoes last year (bought from Tonasket, WA), I'm chomping to get started again in multiple veggies, for next year.

But in the meantime, since much of this will need to wait, why not try a terrarium? Grow Little has some gorgeous shots of terrariums. While it wouldn't be possible to order one of these all the way from France, why not make one for your friend as a holiday gift?




Here's a great tutorial compliments of Sprout Home.