11.15.2010

I ♥ Europe: Spain

I just got back from a lovely vacation in Europe for two weeks (my first time ever, teehee!).

Did you miss me?

I missed you ... beautiful Seattle.

While gone we specifically hit Barcelona, Spain, various cities in Switzerland and Italy. It was fabulous to get a sense of the food, the smells, the sounds, the history, the fashion, design and the art.

First things first. Can I just say with all honesty that I 'd Barcelona's Metro?

The Metro is an extensive network of electrified railways that run underground in central Barcelona and above ground into the city's suburbs. I was so incredibly impressed by the ease of use as well as the information graphics.

Don't speak Spanish (or Catalayn in this case)? Not a problem. I known maybe a handful of Spanish phrases and had absolutely no problem navigating my way through it ... not to mention that the metro's graphics (and much of the design I saw related to it) was just really really easy on the eyes.


I also really enjoyed Gaudi's work. I know its expected to go see it, but really quite splendid and so unlikely trippy for the time period. We went first to see Sagrada Família. I still think that out of all the churches I saw in Europe (more on this later), that this one was the most unique and most moving.

We also went to see his famous park, Park Güell. Can you believe that it was originally intended to be a housing community?

 Well I'm off to work my lovelies! I can't wait to share more of my trip. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy this fog. :)