11.24.2010

Why I heart scandinavian / nordic everything

Came across Kim Holtermand and Ditte Isager awhile ago in a sea of amazing talent from this area of the globe. I love the stark simplicity and eeriness to Holtermand's work, while Isager's compositions are just absolutely intriguing and unpretentious to look at. I adore how pretty much anything I've seen from this region; design to photography has this same sort of quality to it.

 

Also found some great interior design shots, the first hailing from this lovely site via Design to Inspire. The woman creates beautiful knit objects and the man is a carpenter. Aren't you just absolutely in love with the knits and that black wall in the first spread? If I were building my own home now, that's exactly how I'd decorate. Enjoy it and have a great Thanksgiving!