11.19.2010

Why I heart an ode to vintage sci-fi.

I've always always had a soft spot for science-fiction. Its probably because as a kid I used to always cuddle up next to my dad on the couch, Friday nights at 8 pm to watch Star Trek (I remember vaguely the original) and then more specifically Star Trek: The Next Generation. So when I came across the series that Kahn & Selesnick created I was ecstatic. Much of it has obviously been digitally photoshopped, but still well done.


Along that same vein, these photos also reminded me of a short film I saw awhile back called Connected. The synopsis describes it as set in the distant future, Connected is a story about survival and greed with a post apocalyptic wasteland as its backdrop. Survivors of an unknown disaster shuffle through a desolate landscape, as it quickly becomes clear that not everybody has the strength to survive.
 
The film was shot in Faxe Kalkbrud, Denmark and then recolored to have that desolated vintage feel. Its an absolutely gorgeously created film that I was made aware of by an equally gorgeous film poster.




A interesting little piece of eye candy for sure.